Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Still feeling a bit raw

Just to clear things up, I am not upset about the fact I know for definite I am having a panda, let's say, instead of a chipmunk. That is still a joy and very exciting, and there are plus sides, for example being able to buy little panda clothes. What has got my goat has been the manner of finding out. (Did you notice how I managed to get an animal into every sentence?)

I think it's a totally personal matter, to find out or not to find out. Personally we were really savouring the mystery, the speculation and the build-up to the big day when all would be revealed. (I had to tell R; I couldn't keep it to myself, as I was in a bit of a state. Perhaps I shouldn't have done.) So when I stumbled across the big news, a roughly-scribbled symbol next to Organes Geniteaux Exterieur - and even the most linguistically-retarded cretin can make an educated guess what that means - it felt a bit like we had been robbed of a uniquely happy moment that we had been looking forward to.

As I said earlier, there are worse things in the world. But I have drafted a stern letter to Happy Frankfurter, and if she doesn't answer I will have not choice but to cover her with mustard and eat her alive.

4 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you stick sauerkraut up her bum first?

Lobster cannot wait to hang with a real life panda... she's got a zebra and an elephant in her gang already! Can you guess who they are?

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Sam said...

It's a shame that you did have to find out like that, though.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to all the scoffs- just wanted to say happy christmas from devon and hope your swiss one went well... we coped with 7 for dinner and no major mishaps (even made home made cranberry sauce...)

anyway, hope you are all feeling happy and festive,

lots of love

mrs b xx
ps would have sent a card but i don't have your address- would even have sent e card but don't have an email address for you :-)

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Tooting bird said...

"home-made cranberry sauce" Mrs B? That's just swotty. Happy Christmas to you too, I will try and rectify the address situation x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home