Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

In which she whines about being 33 weeks up the duff

I feel rough as chips. My beautiful Elf child vomited three times in the night. Saint Robert of Scho got up first each time and cuddled her while I picked last-night's curry chunks off her duvet and the Afghan rug. But we all got very little sleep, and this morning while we are staring and dribbling like zombies, Mistress is marching round the house shouting, in a very merry state.

I am not sleeping well generally, either. My joints hurt. I wake up every time I need to turn over, a bit like a tank doing a 3 point turn. I need bolstering by strategically-placed pillows. And babes has got his/her head wedged firmly against my bladder, as if having an already-shot pelvic floor isn't bad enough.

But now, reasons to be cheerful!
- My friend Al coming to see us this weekend
- The awesome Ms Mac and her commenters have done all my research for me about preparing for a Swiss Christmas
and
- I quite like my new haircut! I was given a bit of a fringe, which we all know is only ever a rainy day away from a mullet, but that's something I've managed to avoid. So far.

6 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Hurrah for a new haircut!

My fabby commenters gave me the courage to venture into a proper Metzgerie today and actually order a turkey! Christmas is going to happen in Switzerland for sure!

Please pass on my Gute Besserung to the Elf!

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can fully empathise lovely. My lovely husband is working overtime this evening and asked if I could take over his bath duty. My reply? "You could work 24 hours for all I care. I am pregnant and it takes mammoth effort to breathe , so no." Too cruel?

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have amazing powers of recovery don't they? Also they can just drop everything and nap for three hours if they feel like it. Something I would love to do on a regular basis.

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hair photo? Won't be long now chuck and you'll be back in those old jeans again!

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As my wise sister says, small children are remakably able to puke through the night and bounce back in the morning, oblivious to the ragged nerves of their parents. Happened to us a couple of weeks back: also a thrice-upper, we went through our whole stock of spare towels to try to protect the last few remaining dry duvets! There's nothing quite like going to work after all that...

J-Y.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Alexis said...

I am so psyched for you (the new baby a-coming round the Swiss mountains - not the exorcist elf) - and hey - not long to go right?? Yeah, you'd hit me real hard around my head and neck area if I was nearby - wouldn't you. . .

xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home