Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

We are stupid people: help us

Last night we had a debate here in Lausanne Towers about the fact the clocks were changing. But were they going back or forward? It's daylight saving, right, so to maximise the saving of daylight the mornings would be a bit lighter and it would get dark earlier, suggesting they go forward, I reasoned. No but hang on: if it seems like it's getting dark earlier, then it means the clocks have to go back. No but yes but no but yes but no: let's all move the clocks forward by one hour.

Why was it pitch black outside when it was 9am? Because it was 7am. Why did our friend 'forget' to give us a lift? Because she was still in bed. Why do I not have a career in air traffic control? Just be thankful that I don't.

In my next post I will tell the hilarous story of the time I gave a patient too much Methadone*

*I wish I were joking

4 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Malcolm said...

Just remember that you can spring forwards and fall backwards. Works for me.

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Alexis said...

Waiting with baited breath. . . .too much methadone??? HA HA HA (ok and not in a sick way - I was once given too much rabies vaccine). xxx

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that so much - the whole thing is wonderful.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Oh dear, I am afraid I look forward to that extra hour in bed all year to get it mixed up. I will diarise to let you know next year! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home