Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Morbid thoughts

Home alone, apart from Gloria who is asleep.

What I ate for my supper: leftover rice, tomato lentilly thing with broccoli, 2 clementines and 2 squares 74% dark chocolate. Yum yum.

What I have been doing for the past couple of hours: staring at the Internet, blissfully chatting to my best friend, pacing the flat slightly aimlessly, wishing the DVD player wasn't broken, wondering what will eventually finish me off.

What I think will eventually finish me off: it's either heart disease or skin cancer. Heart disease because I LOVE dairy products - cheese, butter, full-fat milk, cream, clotted cream, all of it. Skin cancer because I am very pale with large moles. I am the awkward lady with the big hat and the pained expression on the beach. Thank God for winter, at least everyone else is covered up too. Then again winter = covered up = no one minds you being fat = brandy butter, please.

Heart disease wins.

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you need to activate anti-blog-spam!

What I was going to say is, you forgot to fator in the hole in the ozone and global warming, so skin cancer will get you, and me too, being of the same ultra-whiter shade of pale. Cheerful stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home