Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

It's Patsy from Ab Fab

Good grief.

Did I look that rough? Did I look that old? Did I look that posh and horsey? (OK, I am quite posh - but not horsey. I like horses, but they scare me with their big teeth and hooves.)

This was taken at my best and oldest friend's wedding. I was her best woman, and Emma her bridesmaid. Brian - publicity-hogging little monkey - is obscuring her pretty white dress. There was a floral crown that went with it, made by her father who is a consummate flower arranger. Shame it stayed on her head for only two seconds. Meanwhile Gloria is eating her own cardigan. It was a brilliant day, the highlight of our summer holiday.

We went to London, to Portsmouth, to Dorset, to Devon; we saw friends, friends' babies, family babies and about 50 prize-winning rabbits; we picked blackberries; we watched hours of telly. We gorged ourselves on things unavailable in Switzerland - clotted cream, nice tea, nice toast, nice wine, Marmite, bacon. It was strange and comforting to hear everyone else speaking English.

There were some lows: my father-in-law's illness, our plane being cancelled, our mothership-sized suitcase breaking, getting scolded over the tannoy at Bristol airport, Emma undoing my halter-top dress seconds before I was meant to do a reading in church.

But it's nice to be back and to have things where I can find them. And if I risk any more Judy Finnegan moments, at least it's in the privacy of my own home.

4 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger clarey b said...

What are you talking about? You look gorgeous, as do the girls. Sorry not to have caught up this time round - let us know when you'll be here next! xxx

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you look wonderful too, like a young Emma Thompson with better hair. Wish I'd been there, I can just imagin how lovely it was...

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's me, Becca in Mozambique, not be, technical hitch...

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here lizziescoffsswisschocs.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Research indicates that almost 80% of all United States grownups are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home