Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Screaming

Went to Geneva today with Caroline (Rob's sister.) She has been with us for 10 days and it has been bliss. I am nervous about tomorrow as I will wake up, R will go to work and I will remember that I don't really have any friends here, and though lakes and mountains are very nice indeed, it is not the same as hanging around with chums, eating too much patisserie and putting the world to rights. Caroline also happens to be a fantastic cook and a great puree-er of baby food. The credit for the celeriac victory is really hers.

Emma screamed non-stop from Geneva (horrible place) to Lausanne and then gave it some throughout the whole bath / bed routine. After about a month of sleeping through the night, she has started waking up at 2am and 6am again. Such behaviour will send me to the funny farm. So today I decided to cram her full of baby rice (so she'll sleep, long and content, like after Christmas dinner) Now I am fretting that this is somehow connected to tonight's screech fest. Gas? Cramps?

I must take her to the paediatrician for more injections. That means finding one in the first place, and explaining what injections she's already had in French. No wonder I've been putting it off. And there's something about walking through the doors of a doctor's surgery that really gives me the willies, as if just being there might make her ill.

Bedtime. I am starting to ramble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home