Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

doggies

Still no Internet access. But in ten days time, apparently it'll all be sorted. So I am doing this at R's office, clandestine style.

Switzerland is full of dogs, especially small ones, and owned by ladies of a certain age. They even make the news. The headline of today's local paper: Dogs Killed in Local Park. And there are horrid little signs outside supermarkets that say things like "Mistress says I must wait outside while she buys my dindins," underneath a picture of a dachshund. This is really funny, as the tone of many signs aimed at humans here is "Do this immediately or go to prison."

I am enjoying myself more, though, generally. We went up a mountain at the weekend and saw marmottes. So I am quite partial to small furry creatures myself.

Emma seems to be enjoying baby rice, what bits of it manage to get in her mouth. Making a big mess is the fun part, at any rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home