Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Friday, September 30, 2005

What is on my mind right now

Why wasn't I born Welsh? I don't think I've met any horrible Welsh people, for one. There's Tom Jones. There's Chazza Church (I *love* Charlotte Church!). There are daffs and that. There's Richard Burton (swoon! Dead, though.) And Dylan Thomas (also dead; not sure if swoonsome; brainy, at least, if brooding.) The pictures I've seen of it are really beautiful (I went somewhere in Wales when I was five. It was cold and we went on a boat. That's all I can remember.) It has mountains and the mystery of the Welsh language and the longest place name in the world, the one that ends in 'gogogoch.'

What's not to like?

5 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwynrobwchllantisiliogogogoch!

(And being married to one of the buggers has it's upsides too!)

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your blog.. don't know much about Welsh but I've heard it a nice language to sing in ? !!!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Marie said...

The Stereophonics. But aside from that, you are bang on.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Tooting bird said...

Kads: can I have that broken down phonetically, please?
Thanks, another mum.
M: good point.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Laura said...

And of course, lets not forget, there's me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home