Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Scantastic

Back from scan, Dr Happy Frankfurter full of supernatural enthusiasm as usual, and nothing but good news to report. Arms, legs, eyes, spine, stomach, kidneys, heart - all present and correct and apparently in the right place. At least whenever she exclaimed "Regarde!" I nodded like I knew what I was looking at, but most of the time it felt like examining the surface of the moon, underwater.

That didn't stop me looking for a willy, of course. I don't think I saw one. We prefer the surprise, but it didn't stop me asking Frankfurter afterwards if she was able to tell the sex.
"Yes, very clear!" she said and then looked mysteriously down at her paperwork. She kept saying "he" instead of "she" during the proceedings. Does that mean it's a boy? But then afterwards she said "I'm sure you'll have a baby as cute as the first one!" Is that code for 'it's a girl?' Is she messing with my head?

We had Emma with us at the time, who was on full-throttle, no-hostages cuteness attack. She kept pointing at the screen and saying "Wow!". Admittedly, she had some making up to do after savaging the tomatoes last night (tee hee!)

4 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote Boy-elf!

Can't wait to find out!

X

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, but surely the french for baby is masculine, hence the "he"...

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news!!! I'll let you into a secret, but you mustn't tell......
Ours is the same as before
Leaxx

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowsers! you have the will power of seventy strong-willed strong people. I would have had to know.

But very clear, hmmm, I'm thinking Boy Elf too xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home