Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

When R gets back from a hard day at the office, he walks in the door and says
"Hello, my babies!"
Sweet, eh? Only he is not addressing his wife, daughter and unborn. He is addressing his tomato plants.

"Emma, darling, not those," he says as the Elf stretches a pink fist in the direction of one of their green, spindly stalks. There is fear in his voice and infanticide in his eyes.

How was your day? I ask. "It's all about the compost, apparently" he replies. "R (his boss) told me."

I am calling Relate.

4 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it about swiss and their tomatoes. I grew some on the balcony when i lived in Switzerland. Would never dream of doing it here lol

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs S....
Hope you have a wonderful b-day this week.

As for "the babies"... well we have them too, here in sunny devon. I have brought life into being and I am SO proud- i have grown lavenders. From seeds. I am in awe of my gardening skills. And we have a compost bin arriving next week. My organic domestic cup runneth over indeed...

lots of love to you all
Mrs B
xx

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger christina said...

I got SIX tiny tomatoes from my plant this year. And that will probably be it for the season.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Tooting bird said...

Mrs B: hello!!
Christina: don't feed the beast. please.
Everyone else: do you see what I have to put up with?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home