Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Updates

Emma's update: I have a new hobby. I take a glass, with a little bit of water in it and then with my tiny fingers I painstakingly crumble a stale piece of bread into it, forming a sludgy mass. Mummy tells me off and puts the glass in the washing up bowl, then forgets about it for 6 hours, by which time the sludgy bread has stuck to the glass like the devil to the soul of a condemned man. Then she uses naughty words as she tries to scrub it off...words that I will remember and repeat to her in front of her other mother friends (and their kids.)

Rob's update: I love my wife, she is so brilliant at everything. She made me a lovely album of Emma's first year for my birthday and a chocolate cheesecake which was delicious. It was a shame about the underpants she got me, which were all wrong. Every item of clothing she has ever bought me has ended up back in the shop, but it's not her fault. Apparently spinach is a hardy winter vegetable, I think I'll plant some.

Tomatoes update: we....are....dying....no....sun......or....heat anymore adieu (Lizzie cackles with unconcealed schadenfreude)

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger christina said...

Schadenfreude! The best German word EVER! (My tomatoes have shriveled too, BTW. Pity me.)

Wait until both your little ones are bigger and start hiding their half-eaten sandwiches all over the place for you to find a week later. Lots of fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home