Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Monday, September 12, 2005

High stakes

It was my birthday on Saturday, and my Switzerhusband made up for weeks of tomato love with platinum-plated bells on. I don't mean to make you gag, but just get this for a list of loveliness:
- he consulted a very stylish female friend under whose expert guidance he bought me 3 items of very delicious clothes
- he drew and framed a picture of my Elf for me
- he baked a heart-stopping, hip-busting sour cream chocolate cake
- he organised a suprise tea party to which all my Swiss chums came.
C'MON!! Frankly, after such a display of lurve he can dance naked with his toms for all I care..at least for the next few weeks.

The only thing is it's *his* birthday next weekend, and I just KNOW my effort will simply not be in the same league. I can't draw. My cakes sag in the middle (why?) He would sooner stick pins in his eyes than be the guest of honour at a suprise party. "It's not a competition," he coos soothingly. I am unsoothed and desperate.

Though I do have a few plots that might be worth hatching.

PS A message for Kaddy
WOWWWW-EEEE! Thank Youuuuuuu! Expect blog evidence soon of..how shall I put this...the Green Triumph xxx

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quiiiiick... I have to see it!x x x

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger christina said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like Switzerhusband is a keeper even if he does go on and on about the tomatoes.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Happy (late) Birthday ladyfox.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home