Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Guess the insect

Hello again, sorry again, that is if any of you are still bothering to read this old tosh.

We've had visitors. Lots and lots of them, and rather rude, too. They don't wipe their feet, don't say 'please' or 'thank you', always always bring a friend, several even, and just head straight for the fruit or the sugar without bothering to ask about your day. Rudest of all, they absolutely refuse to die, no matter how much boiling water I pour on them or however strategically I place the stupid traps.

I did have something of a hissy fit a few days ago when I realised the tourists had taken up full citizenship. But I've mellowed in my old age, and no longer bat an eyelid when I behold the dustbin lid alive with tiny, crawling...

.....wasps*

(*not really. It's ants. But gee, let me create some drama, just occasionally)

6 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Phew! I thought you'd upped and headed off to Uganda without so much as a by your leave. (what does that mean, anyway? And have I written it correctly?)

Ants- one of the very few things I miss about Melbourne.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pepper...ants hate pepper...try sprinkling some around where they appear. I know it sounds weird. :) When we moved into our house last year we had an infestation in our bedroom (on MY side of the bed of course!) We tried traps, but they didn't work. The pepper got rid of them in a few days.

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about an ant-eater? or your favourite, an aardvark? think outside the box.
AA x

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger sarah said...

EEEWWW nasty!

and Tosh your blog isn't!!
xx

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mum always used to swear by chalk... draw a line around the area they come in... or around the area you don't want them in and apparently (hmph, 'apparently') they won't walk over it. I can picture it now - outlines of various inanimate objects around your kitchen which, if said objects are removed, make it look like there's been a mass murder of white goods and utensils!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

My advice is get used to it! You will experience many many more in Uganda. We all consume them regularly in the honey and other places, does us no harm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home