Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Chez Mac!

Having followed her blog for years with grudging and jealous admiration, I took my Ms Mac fandom to a new level by brazenly inviting myself and my entourage to Chateau Mac for lunch as part of our trip. Had I known beforehand that CM is on top of a mountain, I might have suggested a restaurant rather than struggle up it with a 1okg sack of Gloria-shaped potatoes on my back wheel.

The welcome, the impeccably-behaved boys (Happy birthday, Ewan, 10 today), the piles of lasagne and many other lovely touches made it all worth it. And we discussed the alt fn keys and numbers lock! Food, chat and geekiness - what's not to like?

5 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

At the risk of starting up the mutual appreciation society, I say it was absolutely my pleasure. We should have done it ages ago!

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to blow my own trumpet here and say I really think you should all thank me for this meeting being able to take place - I shall explain - I read "The lovely Jonathan", who introduced me to the Macs, I pimped Lizzie on my blog, which Stella sometimes frequented, saw Lizzie, dropped by her bloggage, and became friends. DON'T correct me if I'm wrong. I shall continue in my self-important delusions, regardless.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Antipodeesse said...

Ooh 'eck, I feel dreadful pangs of jealousy coming on.

I never saw Stella grinning so broadly when in my company....

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Thats brilliant that you met up...looks like you had a lovely time! I love her blog too!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger christina said...

What a great picture! I love it when bloggers meet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home