Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Lilian passed on this meme to me, so here goes:

Name five things you love about your new country:
1. Nice scenery.
2. Chocolate, obv, though I make an exception for Cadbury's creme egg
3. Perfectly functioning infrastructure
4. Perfectly functioning car sharing scheme that has left us no need for our own motor
5. People generally very polite and civil to each other

Name three things that annoy you about your new country:
1. The Swiss have no idea what to do at roundabouts.
("Do I give way to the right? Hang on, that car is there already. Should I wait a bit? Let me finish this piece of cheese. OK, I'm going, I'm going...I'm off now! Oops, sorry cyclist! Why is she swearing at me in English?")
2. There is no cash back at supermarkets. (Trivial this one, but annoying nonetheless.)
3. People generally very reserved, shy and hard to get to know.

Name one thing I would miss about my new country:
1. All my friends. And miss them I will, because we are leaving Switzerland and going
here.

I am tagging Blogzambique, Ms Mac and Gin and Teutonic on this one.

7 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Wow! How long you going for and when you off?xx

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Wow! How long you going for and when you off?xx

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going? Can you send me your email as the address I have keeps on bouncing back. Rootsy

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot one good thing and one bad thing. The good thing is the cheese. I never liked cheese until I came here. (And I must say I agree with you about the chocolate and the Cadbury creme eggs...I haven't had one of those in 8 years!) The bad thing is the people trying to kill you in the grocery store with their shopping carts. They practically drive over you and then look at you like it's your fault. It doesn't matter that they weren't watching where they were going... :)

I wish you and your family well...God bless!

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lizzie,
I finally found your blog (after I read the Medair website that you had a personal blog)!! Good to read about you and your family! Love your stories!!! Thx for sharing! But hey... what's that about Uganda... are we going to be neighbours soon??

Love,
Wendy

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

So it's official! See you there maybe? You're going to love it - great country, wonderful people.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uganda! Are Ugidding me? Has easyjet even heard of it?

Px

 

Post a Comment

<< Home