Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

And now for something really revolting

If you are reading and eating your lunch at the same time, I suggest you put your sandwich down.



Look at that humungous blister on the side of my hallux. The purplish hue on the other side doesn't bode well, either. I'm not sure how the two middle toes got covered in blood, but the end of my nice white sock looked like it had been dipped in strawberry jam. It reminded me of the last time I had a bloody sock - a leech snuck into my boot on a trekking holiday and tucked into my foot for a tasty snack. I squished him as I walked. I had no idea he was there until I feel a warm liquid gush over my toes. Poor old leech.

I think I'll leave it there.

PS Ran 15km yesterday!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't look very good. I hope it will be better soon.

Congratulations to your 15 km run!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Eeek! Yet more evidence to prove my theory that exercise is bad for you. Your feet look worse than mine.

Well done on the 15kms though.

ps. I find, when I walk that my toenails from my middle toes often get squished into the soft underside of their neighbouring toes and make cuts into the fleshy bits. Maybe the source of the blood.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Yes i find that too sometimes! I hate feet...i don't even know why i'm commenting! Looks pretty nasty tho!!xx

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

15km run, bloody toes, nope, don't see the connection myself. My admiration grows and grows, I would never put myself through it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home