Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Not only do I jog, I have children too!

I took this photo on the steps outside our apartment building; it's a nice summary of my golden-haired snow elf and her life at the moment.

Poor child, she probably can't wait to choose her own clothes. For now she's stuck with my rummage-in-the-cupboard, stick-it-on approach to fashion and my weakness for the hooded cardigan. Smart, well-fitting, tasteful, colour-co-ordinated garments really aren't my forte. The pink mac was her choice today, as she was convinced it was "pouring with rain."

But look at the bag! She does at least have an excellent grasp of the value of accessories in a girl's life. When we go for a walk, the bag is this season's must-have. It's stuffed with lego and finger puppets.

The baby pram is also verrrrrry popular right now. The chilly-looking doll is Clara; she has a boy doll called John, who sometimes comes out with us, but mostly lies face down on the floor of our cold basement, wondering what he's done wrong.

In the top right-hand corner you can just catch Glory, travelling business class.

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be glad she CAN'T pick out her own clothes at the moment...Lauren changes her outfit at least 4 times a day...and any time past 5:30pm is time to put pyjamas on. But she only likes her one and only nightgown...she cries if I tell her to put on a warm 2-piece. Have fun dressing them for now...when they're small it's like having little dolls...but in a year or so, the fashion wars begin! :)

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Yes i agree....Bekky will generally only wear her Arsenal Kit....if you see her in anything else....it means i have bribed her....usually with chocolate!xx

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Aaron Stewart said...

I just have to say that I find myself smiling when I read your writing, you are quite good at it.

Also your children are lovely. :)

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello - just to say, I came across your blog via Ms Mac, and I think your writing's excellent! Very funny sometimes too. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home