Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Here's another cute photo


Look at that handsome man! Look at those lovely girls! Go "ooo" and "ahhh" at those matching pink snowsuits!

Yes, we've just been in the mountains for a holiday. You see that patch of snow there? It's about all the snow there is left in the Alps after the mildest winter for a gazillion years.

Notice how both girls are not wearing gloves. I got told off by two sets of cross-country skiers about this. (Maybe they were feeling crabby because of the lack of snow.) For the record, I do try and make them wear gloves, but they always get removed within a few minutes and after that I give up. Perhaps the reason they always have colds is because they are permanently underdressed.

All this mountain heartiness has made me feel a bit more upbeat in my soul, and I have a date with a new English-speaking Mum's group on Wednesday. I will let you know how it goes.

6 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger sarah said...

That is a sweet photo! Why do people feel the need to interfere with how your children are dressed! Hope i don't find myself doing that out loud one day!

Hope your date goes well.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad...the Swiss tend to overdress their kids on all occasions. You'll see them still wearing their snowsuits in April. I've stopped worrying about it. :)

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog but I hate the rebranding - its insipid and nausea inducing. Bring back EasyJet Orange. Husband XXX

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Fun! I'm glad you like snow! Lots of people just complain about it. I love it too.

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Husband. What kind of a green is this anyway? Of all the colours in the rainbow, this was your carefully considered selection of lovely background colour? Is there some kind of symbolism about it?
On another note, photo is indeed cute. How did you respond to the glove-promoting strangers? Hang your head in sheepish shame or unleash a torrent of fury?
bbh x

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Aaron Stewart said...

Awwwwwwwww...... what a great picture! Glad to see you guys finally got some snow. :) Don't be a stranger Lizzie! Say hi to Rob for me.

Aaron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home