Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Guilt and shame and shame and guilt

Today I smacked Emma hard on the bottom. I am feeling horrible on a number of levels.

Level number one (this is not in order of importance); our official policy is No Smacking, and I breached official policy.
Level number two; it goes against everything I believe in, tambourine-bashing full-on born again Christian that I am.
Level number three; I am shocked about just how angry I was at the time.
Level number four; I am shocked at how I didn't just act like a grown-up and rein it in.
Level number five; it obviously hurt her.
Level number six; it didn't even work.

I told her I was sorry and we had a cuddle. Then I asked her nicely if she please wouldn't be quite so naughty. But I am very remorseful and worry that I might have scarred her for life.

7 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie, ditto on nearly all counts, we're probably all going to be both sides of a whacking by the end of our lives. Good news, you learnt new stuff about yourself. (And you're still lovely). x

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Don't worry. My 2 older sisters got more spankings than anyone I know. And they turned out just fine.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Minks said...

I've done it.
I hate that I've done it.
I can't guarantee I won't do it again.
I will try my best not to (because of all the reasons you state)
She is not scarred- but you are. Isn't that a result?
xxxxxxxx

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Minks said...

I've done it.
I hate that I've done it.
I can't guarantee I won't do it again.
I will try my best not to (because of all the reasons you state)
She is not scarred- but you are. Isn't that a result?
xxxxxxxx

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Minks said...

I've done it.
I hate that I've done it.
I can't guarantee I won't do it again.
I will try my best not to (because of all the reasons you state)
She is not scarred- but you are. Isn't that a result?
xxxxxxxx

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I've no kids which means my contribution is probably as discountable as those pesky spammers who seem quite determined we should all make our money in some weird way through a blog site, but anyway, I digress. In addition to the solidarity shown by your other pals, quite rightly, I want to challenge you about level number 2. Basically, I am really interested to see that you put being a born again christian on the list of reasons not to spank, as - to be frank - the born agains I know are chief amongst spankers - in essence because they justify it biblically. The rod and all that. So, whilst being fully sympathetic to how guilt-ridden you are feeling, I also want to know what the whole Christian angle that underlies level 2 is all about.
Sock it to me, AA.
XXX

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you and minks, I guess we can't be in full control all the time. But oh, the guilt. I remember well the very few occasions I was spanked as a child - it didn't scar me in any way but I remember being fully aware that I had actually done a very naughty thing to deserve it. So perhaps you have both learnt...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home