Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Her love's the killing kind

My beautiful first-born, the Golden-Haired Snow Elf is (whisper it softly) coping rather well with her new sister. I came home feeling extremely anxious about the whole thing, but actually, the GHSE is rather sweetly fascinated by Gloria and wants to kiss and cuddle her all the time, although this activity needs a degree of police presence. Otherwise the tiny one gets mauled.

Once again, I must credit my wonderful Mama for lavishing E with attention and biscuits (which I have dropped all my middle-class neuroses about.) She has also taken her to the park, done all the shopping, fetched and carried after us and generally lulled me into thinking this 2 kids business is pretty easy.

She leaves me on Monday, after which I fully expect to return to twice my usual squalid living conditions and Emma will morph into a walking, not-quite-talking bundle of jealous rage.

*gulp*

2 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger christina said...

Ah, so nice to have your mum there helping. Hope the "coping rather well" continues!

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Have you seen any ads or information on business gift basket idea? One day I will find what I am looking for on the first try. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for business gift basket idea. Thanks for the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home