Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve

Having had a sudden attack of New Year's Evieness, I thought I'd treat you to the Switzerlady Bests and Worsts of 2005. Feel free to affirm or dispute my choices (that's code for "I'd love comments, I am a comment whore.")

Best film: Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
Worst film: Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (yes, this is because I have only seen one film this year. In fact, I am beginning to wonder whether I actually watched it last year.)
Best single: I'mathinkinaboutmydoorbell (is that the title?) by The White Stripes. You should see me playing my air drums!
Worst single: Madonna's latest, which she has basically nicked from Abba. It's lazy music-making from the Queen of Pop, and I won't have it.
Best DVD watched: Tough choice. I think it's a tie between Alias and 24 (both series 1.)
Worst DVD watched: Without a doubt, Lethal Weapon 4. It made me want to run amok with a lethal weapon myself.
Best Golden-Haired Snow Elf moment: Too many to mention, they happen daily...but her first steps were pretty spesh.
Best Panda moment: finding out s/he was on the way (this would be trumped by his/her actual arrival, but unless it happens in 4 and a half hours, it will not make the list for 2005)
Best husband moment: every morning when he brings me a cup of tea despite being snappy and horrible in return.
Best moment of practicality: completing my tax return
Worst moment in life (almost): realising I owe the tax man £1,900

Happy New Year, everyone. I will be celebrating by eating my own body weight in mince pies in front of the telly, then crashing out at about 10pm. Rock 'n' roll!

4 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Happy New Year to you Switzerlady!

Lovin' that White Stripes song! I imagine you play your air drums with more enthusiasm than Mrs White does her real drums though!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Marie said...

You loyal thing! What about the worst snow elf / hubby moments?

I too am very excited about the White Stripes doorbell song, and I am considering buying the album with the HMV tokens I got from my aunt.

Happy New Year!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Pedro said...

Happy New Year Switzerpeople!
Lots of love, Px

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you, the Switzergent, the GHSE and the panda. May you all enjoy a year filled with health, love and happiness.
JoJo & the boys.
P.S. Looking like Dave Grohl and being obsessed by meteorites is doing nothing to discourage the crush I'm developing on the 'Gent. I'll be suggesting a wife swap next ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home