Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

I will survive

Huge thanks for all your lovely comments. We're home now, and knackered...more later, but for now, here is my own special version of that famous song, by another famous Gloria:

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking you would never want to meet the world outside
But then I started twinging, and it wasn't very long
before 'twinges' were 'contractions',
more and more of them and strong
The midwife said
"your womb's too tough - I may have to send you home madame"
but by then I'd had enough
after climbing up and down the stairs
and wiggling my bum
it was then that you decided
that now was the time to come

So now you're here
In this strange place
You've got freakishly long fingers and a small old lady's face
your little hand grips like a vice
you think bosoms are quite nice
yes you'll survive
you will survive
(instrumental)

5 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahahahaha! Bloody brilliant! x

 
At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT well done ! If I could I'd bring you a meal..thats what we do here for expat mums.. I'll leave a comment instead :-)

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you on stage!
The Switzerlady Show...
Gwendo

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Wonderful, wonderful... Always a treat to read your blog! xx

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Lizzie...
CONGRATULATIONS! You all look lovely. Hope everything is going ok, can't wait to meet her!
Clare xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home