Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Angel from the realms of Glory

Well, my Elf is at nursery, my yummy mummy is crocheting in the corner (as in 'doing crochet' - 'crocheting' looks rather rude, like it might be to do with crotches) and my glorious Glorymouse is asleep AT LAST AT LAST AT LAST.

I love her so much, but I would love her even more if she could tell the difference between 'day' and 'night'. She thinks day = drink, sleep, drink, sleep. Night, on the other hand = drink, disco! drink, scream! Scream, scream! disco! Scream, suck Daddy's little finger for about 3 hours!

I was so exhausted last night it is indescribable. And I think I got the baby blues all of a sudden, because I had cried and cried for 3 hours feeling very inexplicably hopeless..but it seems to have lifted today.

It's 3.45pm. I've neither left the house nor had a shower, so be thankful you can neither see nor smell me.

5 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you've come across this blog http://expatter.blogspot.com/, they live in Basel and Gretchen is now pregnant with their first child - I mentioned your blog to them - maybe you'll want to pop into their blog at some point - when the glorymouse gives you a break.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Hello! Those baby blues are a killer, aren't they? And they seem to have kicked in right on time for you!

I don't have a baby so I have no excuse for not showering today. Whoops!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd give my right earlobe to see and smell you right now!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger leon's life said...

Baby blues, terrible two's, stroppy three's.... I love my son I really do

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have left the house only to visit the hospital of GP. You are my hero

 

Post a Comment

<< Home