Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Apologies to anyone who has ever been a resident of Dakin ward

After all my fretting about having a baby in Switzerland, I'm glad to say all my fears were totally baseless. The midwives were fantastic during the actual birth business, but it was the after care that ultimately took Gold. I give you

- minimum 4 DAY STAY, even for a totally normal delivery: hurrah!
- baby gets brought to you at night only if they cry (and so you can get some rest) : yippee!
- three course meals of restaurant-quality: resssssult!
- view of Mont Blanc from my hospital bed: come on!
- FREE nappies, knickers, breast pads, piles of fluffy white towels and dressing gowns everywhere: ker-ching!
-being waited on hand and foot by attentive staff: yesss!
- floors so spotless I could have licked them: splendid!
- baby dressed in (very sweet) hospital clothes during entire stay: grrrrreat!

In fact if I do this again, I might have to make sure I am still here.

6 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Blimey, it might even be worth going back one more time for!

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But wouldn't that mean you'd need to be four weeks pregnant right now?!

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More piccies, more piccies... who's with me?

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Obviously I meant of Gloria and not the hospital where you gave birth!)

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like bliss!!

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also had a great hotel-like experience. i almost didn't want to come home!

congratulations on yr sweet new babe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home