Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Squalor returns

..and I'm sure you'll agree that didn't take long.

In Emma's world:
- she has a severely short but very chi-chi new haircut, thanks to Daddy. We sat her in her highchair while I bribed her with teaspoonfuls of Nutella and R did the necessary. She screamed from start to finish anyway.
- she can say "wassat?", "ball", "yes", "no", "rice", "wow!", "yum yum" and go "hiss" like a snake. I was very proud of this until our friends told us about their little boy, one month younger than my Elf, who apparently can say 70 words. That makes me pig sick.
- last night she refused her dinner, before insisting on eating cold spaghetti off the floor. Naked.

In Switzerladyland:
- I go for my second scan at the end of this week with Happy Frankfuter
- also at the end of this week I turn 32.
- it is still very hot and summery here and with all the hills I am sweating like the fat lass I well and truly am.

4 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Alexis said...

Sweet! How many weeks are you???? xx

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

70 words? They are making it up. J says maybe 12. I don't believe in competitive parenting. (But just wait til their son is still wetting the bed at age 8!)

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eliott can say "da da" - he's a genius! My mum tells me I could say nursery rhymes at 18 months - which gives me comfort as I'm not the brightest of bunnies in my adulthood, so perhaps a late talker is the way forward??
Happy birthday for the end of the week chicken! xxx

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Tooting bird said...

Alexis: I am 20 weeks, lorluvaduck.
Becca: I like to think quality, not quantity. You should hear that "hiss", it's VERY clear...
JJ: thanks, doll. I intend to eat a lot of swiss chocs, as my name suggests.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home