Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Why the big pores?

Something horrible has happened to my skin.

It used to be smooth-ish. Now it has turned into near-stubbly, large-pored, dinosaur hide. Why?

Rob - ever the diplomat - says: "It's your pregnancy bloom!"

I am not blooming. I look like a leather sofa.

I moisturise; my moisturiser contains SPF. I wash with Superdrug Lemon and tea tree facial wash every day and have done for a couple of years. When I was pregnant with Emma I didn't get a rhinoceros face. What is going on? Do I need to exfoliate? Any tips, Alexis?

Computer seems to have had a stay of execution, though it won't be for long, I fear..

6 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try no soap/wash for a few days... I never use soap... which is why I smell.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Alexis said...

OK, so I think you need to pull out some different guns - horomones change the skin and every pregnancy is different - therefore - try using Johnson and Johnson 5.5 wash, use a non-granulated exfoliator, and a mask one a week (try a moisturizing one). Give it two weeks and use no alcohol based products - let me know (drop me a comment or and email and I can send you stuff I have here) xxxxx

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Tooting bird said...

Wow! Thanks girls!

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd try dropping all products and just washing with water for a couple of weeks. Maybe just a drop of tea tree oil in almonmd water to moisturize - if anything. Could be that your skin has become ultra sensitive due to preggy hormones and when I have had skin probs the doc always says use water sparingly and nowt else til the worst has passed.... xxx

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I don't know what "almonmd" is either - but sounds new age and groovy don't you think?

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger The DP said...

i think it is the heat here in CH.

unless you have air conditioning, then i don't know what to tell you.

anyway, i agree with everyone, drop your products, including the moisturizer (it is so humid you don't need it right now), which may be the pore culprit.

also one of those evian spray thingies makes a great toner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home