Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Swiss Whinge of the Week

This week's whinge is called Why Private Health Insurance Is Rubbish.

Private Health Insurance is Rubbish because you have to pay a monthly franchise (£250) just Because, and although some things are really paid for by the state (like maternity care) you still have to pay all your bills upfront and then wait to be re-imbursed by the insurance company.

I got a £500 - five hun-d-red p-ounds, or 1000CHF- bill from Happy Frankfurter (there's a cold, commercial heart beneath that jolly exterior) which I paid 3 weeks ago, and I have still not been re-imbursed despite pleading phonecalls. Actually, my French being wobbly at best, I might have missed the 'pleading' tone I was hoping for and gone straight into 'mentally ill' which is why they are hesitant about giving me money.

Here's a brilliant idea; why don't the insurer's pay the doctors directly? Or why doesn't the state pay them directly? It's what happens in a NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE *gets out union jack bunting and start's whistling Land of Hope and Glory*

This is Why Private Health Insurance is Rubbish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home