Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Excuse bloglessness please. I have been busy.

For starters, we've just had Uncle P, Auntie M and 3 children (11, 3 and 18 months) to stay over Easter in our 2 bed apartment. It brought out control-freaky tendencies I didn't know I had, and made me realise that my chaos threshold is much lower than I originally thought. It was alot of fun, too, but I've needed a few days just to rest. In a darkened room. In the foetal position. Rocking.

So, flat is back to normal now, and so am I. And there has been a breakthrough in the "udders" saga. Last night, after our story (part of the routine now), I started feeding Emma as usual...then she looked me coolly in the eye and bit me. That's that, thought I, whipped her off and put her to bed. She yelled for about 3 minutes then fell asleep.

In other words: I have stopped breastfeeding.

I should feel liberated, but I feel rather disoriented instead. What do I do with that 20mins I had just to gaze at my little girl and mull over how pretty she is? And I fear that E will just ignore me even more these days (shoes and shiny things being her main preoccupation: she's a girl's girl.)

Hello, Mister Underhill (from the comments section.) In answer to your question: my golden-haired snow elf will be 1 on 21st April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home