Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I'm sorry, I'm sorry: I 've been back in Switzerladyland for 4 days and no blog action. There is a reason for this. I have been crook, mate, really really crook. I know 'less is more' in this context, but imagine if you will a grim cocktail of a temperature, nausea, tummy pain and -get this - 15 (at least) trips to the lav between 1 and 4.30am this morning for unspeakably horrible intestinal evacuations. Oh, and the Snowelf woke up screaming at 3am, perhaps because she was feeling left out, perhaps because she thought she was the only one with any entitlement to make a drama out of bottom contents (or maybe it's just her parents' projections) but most likely because she is teething and our 2 dramatic moments just coincided.

My doctor friend diagnosed a rotavirus over the phone as I stood in the hall, trembling in my pyjamas, ready in a nanosecond to make a bathroom dash. "Highly contagious" she said. So I spent the rest of the day in, trying to decontaminate every surface with Jif wipes.

Glamorous!

Emma had it last week ("Oh Mum, rotavirii are sooo last week!") so teething aside, she is fine. I am just nervous that, between the two of us, we've managed spread plague and illness through most Greater London postcodes. If you are one of the Infected, and are reading this feeling hateful:


I'M SORRY.

Jif wipe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home