Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

writer's blog

Sorry about bloglessness, I could claim I was too busy but there might have been witnesses to my novel-reading / choc-eating sesh I had yesterday while E had her nap.

I have got some news, though.

WE WENT OUT!
WE WENT TO A RESTAURANT!
THEN WE WENT TO THE CINEMA!
WE SAW BRIDGET JONES, THE EDGE OF REASON!
IT WAS FUNNY! (not much plot; who cares)
I HAD A GIN AND TONIC! (or as they say here, "jinntonique"; sexier)
IT MADE ME SLIGHTLY DRUNK! (since pregnancy; no tolerance)
WE GOT A BABYSITTER! (very expensive; it's only money)
WE DIDN'T GET HOME TIL MIDNIGHT! (normal bedtime; before 10)

Now it's back to the usual blur of screaming / puree / washing up / the park.

We are not buying that car, by the way. Or indeed any car, as it stands. I am very fickle about such things.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home