Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

clarification

Gouda Gilde's Siroopwafeeln, pronounced "yiaoda yildas siroopwafelln(?)" - the g in Dutch is always silent, so I'm told - are cinammon waffle biscuits with syrupy filling. They are about 7cm in diametre, i.e. just big enough to sit atop your cup of tea so the filling melts and softens a bit through the steam action, turning into a round, brown, chequered piece of heaven.

During my last post I scoffed two.

Dear Ms Gilde:
I would be delighted to offer you advertising space on my blog. No, no - no payment necessary. What, a lifetime's supply of siroopwafelen plus postage and packaging (the box with the windmills and bonny-faced Dutch girl)? You're too kind.
Gratefully,
Lil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home