Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Gouda Gildes Siroopwafeln

My friend Peter is staying with us from Holland. Let's interview him!

Lil: Hello, Peter. Welcome to Switzerland. Tell us, how did you find the bath?
Peter: Thank you for having me. I loved easing my considerable frame in there. I had issues with sud removal, but these were easily resolved. As in life generally, it was lovely once you're in.

Lil: How have you found the Swiss and their land?
Peter: Friendly though requiring encouragement. The land is stunning.

Lil: Are the hills a refreshing change?
Peter: That is a particular thrill living as I do below sea level. At 500m altitude sickness was a concern.

Lil: Describe what we have done today.
Peter: I woke up at 8am to discover that the rest of the household - beaming, healthy and rightly proud parents plus delicious bundle of baby joy - had already been hard at breakfast and bathing rituals for some time. I was impressed. We decided to go on a day trip to Neuchatel, the Swiss Newcastle. After a lovely train journey we arrived in a beautiful little town; we went to a cafe and wandered around. Then we had a good meal in a lovely restaurant before wandering some more and heading home. It was a super day trip.

Lil: Describe my chubby queen in a sentence. (Only compliments are acceptable, I am sensitive.)
Peter: Charming, cherubic, flirtatious, engaging, playful...and chubby
Lil: yes yes yes..
Lil: One last thing. Are the oysters making you ill yet?
Peter: Not at all, but then I am highfalutin'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home