Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Bit lonely today

Fighting the blues a bit. The weather isn't great, so the park is out. Last week I'd taken to lurking round the swings and slides, waiting for other adults with prams to assail with my very imaginative chat up line: "Hello! Please you be along friends with me!" (This is what my French must sound like, in fact the whole routine is suggestive of someone with mental problems. But I've got over it.)

In spite of this, my friend-making strategy was actually working quite nicely. I'd got two phone numbers, one from a fantastic (Swiss) lady with 5 kids, the youngest of which has Down's Syndrome and is very gorgeous. The second phone number was from a Canadian Au Pair, also very lovely. The Au Pair scene here sounds pretty riotous.

But my phone calls are unreturned at the mo and that makes me feel a bit low, and I have to get out of the house this afternoon. Whether or not it is pouring with rain.

Cabin fever.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home