Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Should I stay or should I go?

We're staying.

Although work was calling me back, it wasn't shouting loud enough for me to pay it any attention. Although our lovely house with its lovely garden was whispering tenderly, I know that both are being beautifully looked after by our model tenants. Although I find it very hard not to see friends and family in the flesh, I follow a lot of people's life minutiae via other blogs/emails and sometimes it feels like I'm there in the same sitting room with a cup of tea, putting the world to rights.

Here is the deal. We are in Suisse for at least another year. I am letting my UK nursing registration expire and I have no plans to get a job here. Which means I am officially a full-time mum (as opposed to being on a career break.) We did a lot of thinking about all this, and now that the decision has been made it all feels very good.

I'm very grateful that we don't need two incomes to make ends meet. And though a lie-in would be nice, rolling around the bed with my two gorgeous girls at 6am makes me feel like the luckiest person alive.

Another (excellent) reason to stay: if I fall out of bed the right side, I pretty much land in a bakery with dreamiest, flakiest pain au chocolat in the world.

So that means Switzerlady is here to stay, too. (Though for the record, I did consider Tooting Birdway.)

9 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Hurrah!

She says, being completely selfish!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Yay!! I was very unnerved at the thought of Switzerlady disappearing forever. It would have upset the delicate balance of the blogosphere.

Glad you're all sorted and stuff too, of course.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Tell you what, register Tooting Birdway as a just-in-case for a few years down the line.

Hmm. Suddenly thinking about taking a holiday in Switzerland...

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tooting Broad, surely? We miss you heaps, but bloody hell this place honks when you're in your first trimester... any room in your flat for a rather larger one who's getting larger? x

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Alexis said...

Yay - think of the pain au chocolat. That is all. x

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger clarey b said...

Selfishly, boo... Unselfishly, sounds like the best place to be for you all at this point in time. And that's all that's important in my book!

PS Have to say I'm with Kaddy on Tooting Broad...

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done - taking decisions is much harder than most of the consequences. And now you know where you are, you won't have nagging doubts and can get on with being the loving happy person we all know you are.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Tooting bird said...

Tooting Broad. It's genius. Damn your eyes!
xx

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Fashion Detective said...

We miss you hon, but I think you're making a wise decision. I'm sure mountain air beats smog and bus stop murders. x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home