Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Buff husband

Sheesh, I'm sorry, that was another long pause.

But it's all good. Gloria only woke up once last night! Emma nearly has all her teeth! Spring has sprung! Ah, happiness.

Now, about the title. R, the Switzergent, has always cycled to work, but now in a fit of spring enthusiasm, he has also started jogging at lunchtimes. He has lost about half a stone, and in short, he is looking a bit buff, a bit phwoar.

Wish I could say the same about me. I know I only had a baby 2 months ago, yadda yadda yeah whatever, but I am annoyed that I am still in my transitional jeans. (You know - pregnancy, jeans, normal jeans, and in the middle, obviously, transitional jeans.) What's more, I can't do the top button up. There is a lip of white blubberous overhang that won't shift, even when I'm sucking my belly in so hard my face has gone purple.

What do I doooo? Please don't say 'go on a diet.'* They are so rubbish. You may whisper 'exercise', especially as I am signed up for the 10km run again this year about which I am in a state of denial. Please, whatever you do don't suggest going back to my pregnancy jeans: I will burst into tears and never blog again, even though I suspect it might be a good suggestion.

* Unless it's the Binge-yourself-thin-on-dairy-milk type of diet.

6 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering why the glossy mags don't have the 'eating your way out of aproblem', 'eating fat as a career move', 'chocolate and success; Angelina Jolie's secret', 'Discover cheese, discover life - Nicole Kidman as we've never seen her before'. 'a little bit of white blubberous overhang on a woman is my dream - Brad Pitt tells all'

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Hmmmm....not really sure what to suggest...i never got back into my pre pregnant jeans which is poor as i have only had one child.....should really have put more effort in!

Glad R is nice and buff! did make me smile!
xx

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I suggest investing in some drawstring trousers?

So glad Gloria is better. I am enormous, waiting for number two in about 2 weeks, can barely breathe, bend over or get out of the bath. Looking forward to being able to get into transitional anything!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Minks said...

one word. girdle. No, honestly xx

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Stop caring and eat what you like.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm here via Marie and my book title meme.

As for the mummy tummy, I deal with it by labelling it. Mummy Tummy. Mummy-tummies are soft and snuggly and beautiful, and our children love them. Not only that, but they think we are gorgeous, no matter what. And they tell us so. Frequently.

Try to see yourself through your child's eyes, and look forward to the day they are old enough to tell you how much they worship you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home