Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Pros and cons

Hello, I'm back from my holiday to the dark side. I think. Things are still quite tough but I feel quite a bit better for the following reasons 1. Glorymouse came out of hospital, several tonnes of snot lighter and more settled generally. 2 Emma now thinks that talking is the new black. She sits in her cot and twitters things like "wow!" and "oh no!" and "yes!". 3. It's been snowing which makes everything look like it's covered in fabulous royal icing and the view from my bedroom is breathtaking. 4. My mummy who came on a mercy dash on Monday and has been so helpful I could cry.

On the other hand, Glorymouse is getting congested again and still wakes up at least four times a night, nor does she nap for longer than 20 mins at a time during the day and when she is awake, she is quite fretful. 2. So I spend alot of time with her, worrying that Emma is being neglected. 3. It's been snowing and not ideal conditions to be hauling newborns around in. Besides, babies are rubbish at winter sports. 4. I have just realised that my mummy is thinner and more glamourous than me.

5 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over worked and underpaid.. Keep it up anyway !! They DO get older !!

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back

you can't keep a good blogger down

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Minks said...

LOL- your mum hasn't just squeezed a big baby out, and she gets much more sleep!
Glad things are on the up- fingers crossed that Gloria settles soon xx

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But she's older... He, he! ;-)
Glad you're back, I was getting bored! Courage with the Glorymouse saga,
Gwendo

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Fashion Detective said...

Oh love. Swings and roundabouts, eh?
Great news on TGHSE's chatting though! Tell her to put some words Eliott's way ;o)
Jo x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home