Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Back in the headmistress' office

Headmistress: (sighs heavily). So. Back here again, Switzerlady. Would you like to explain why?
SL: No posts for over 10 days.
Headmistress: What was that? Speak up!
SL: No posts for over 10 days.
Headmistress: And why's that?
SL: Well, I admit Gloria is thriving now, she only wakes up twice a night and everyone here is in a much better mood. Now instead of screaming she likes to lie and stare and kick and gurgle, like a sweet baby from an advert..
HM: (interrupting) None of which explains your truancy, Switzerlady
SL: ..I was getting to that, um, you see the problem with all this sleep is that her bed is in the sitting room. Where the computer is.
HM: And?
SL: I can't be on the computer when she's asleep. It's um, ..too noisy.
HM: Too noisy? Finger tapping? Too noisy? It's hardly thrash metal, is it? Very well, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. However I'm sure there is plenty of time during the day when she's not asleep.
SL: I know, but Emma hates it when I do stuff on the computer. When I sit down to type she screams and pulls at my clothes until I leave it and do things with her instead..
HM: ..oh diddums. Enough. (Rustles paper in a menacing way.) Frankly I think it's sick that you think it fit to use your children as an excuse for your own inadequacy. 100 lines, please: Lazy Posters Will Be Drowned In Custard.
SL: (shuffles from foot to foot) Can I go to the loo, please?
HM: Get out.

6 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh goody you're back. I actually exclaimed 'yay' when I saw you had posted again. Very much glad that Gloria is better!

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see that it's brightening over in Suisse -

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back

plain sailing from now on i'm sure

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Minks said...

tell me more about her bed being in the sitting room...

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoorah! She's back! (Not that I've been checking for an update about a zillion times a day or anything!). x x x

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Alexis said...

So glad you are back and the GM and Elf are doing well!! Tkae care sweets!!
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home