Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Monday, January 30, 2006

A baby snot-sucker-outer

First it was the Golden-Haired Snow Elf, and now Gloriana Cupcake has a cold. At 2 and a half weeks old! What rotten luck.

Yesterday afternoon she started snorting like a little piglet. By evening it had got worse, and during the night we all got very little sleep. G, because her poor pipes were caked in mucus, me, because G's snores were both breaking my heart and thundering about my eardrums, R because I woke him up in hysterics at 5am unable to take any more. Actually, the GHSE slept quite well and woke up at 6, happy as a lark.

The first thing I did this morning (apart from feed the baby/ recite 10,000 nursery rhymes/clear up various spills) was go to the pharmacy, desperate to alleviate the Cupcake's distress. I bought one of these, along with some saline drops (FOR TWENTY QUID!!! ahem.)
It's actually really clever: you put drops in the nose, stick the pointy syringey bit by the nostril and suck the plastic pipe thingy. Hey presto! A syringe full of baby snot and a less pigletty piglet. (Plus, at risk of sounding rather sick, it is very satisfying for the sucker.)

I don't know how I didn't discover these first time round.

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need one of thise. John is going loopy over Seths snorting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home