Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Friday, April 29, 2005

a breakthrough

Here it is: last night I MADE GRAVY!
Thanks to Big Emma's gravy making lesson (best friend Emma, and yes, the GHSE bears that name in large part because of her), I came over all cheffy last night with flour and water and hey presto! Rich, brown yummy-tasting gravy, not a gravy granule in sight. (This is despite R repeating "Please can we have Bisto? Please can we have Bisto?")

The bad news is I spent all day walking around in the hot sun and burnt my arms. I have always had fair skin, moles and all, and for some reason I am always hopelessly unprepared when the sun puts his hat on. Why didn't I put my hat on? Actually, I managed the hat, but where was the SPF? The last time I got this burnt was er, about a month ago, after a day's skiing. I cleverly managed to slather my face with factor zillion, but ended up with a red raw turkey's gizzard for a neck.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about waterski magazine
. You can check it out at waterski magazine
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home