Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

apologies

I sent a rather bitchy, churlish post last night...never a good idea when pressed for time with a glass of wine inside. Sorry, I was in a funny mood and it's gone now.

I am still enjoying my running glory, and rashly, I've agreed to do a 16k in 3 weeks time. I'm not sure what's come over me as I'm not really a sporty type. I was rubbish at sport at school, and nor was I interested in it either. I spent a lot of time wearing black and reading The Guardian during break, posing as an arty intellectual.

I am feeling very contrite and extremely annoyed with myself as I've missed the deadline for postal voting. For the record, I would've wavered between Labour and the Lib Dems. I thinkI prefer the LD's, policy-wise, but our Labour MP in Tooting was (I think he's retired now) was the most diligent constituency MP ever, writing back personally whenever I sent him the most boring mass-mail postcard protesting about this and that. Emeline Pankhurst, you chucked yourself under the king's horse so I could vote, and this is how I repay you. Forgive me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home