Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Mr Proper

One of my friends from the park asked if I would help another friend from the park clean her flat. She has just moved. I said yes, because I quite like cleaning.

When I arrived, everything seemed immaculate already. "Great!," I thought, (because I don't like cleaning that much) "I'll spend 15 minutes idly rubbing at an imaginary smear then push off home: after all, Jonathan Ross is on in an hour."

Wrong. There was dirt, you just had to remove cupboard doors and crawl under extractor fans to get at it. So now my knuckles are raw and I missed JR. Offering to help Swiss people clean is a bit like asking Brazilians if they need extra football coaching. I still had quite a nice time.

My beloved R is away for a week, so it's me and the chubby queen alone in our gang. She's six months old as of yesterday, so she had protein for the first time - lentils! I don't think I had lentils til I was about 16 and in a vegetarian phase (and very short lived it was too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home