Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Monday, July 19, 2004

Panicking

Caramba.  Not only do I now have a permanent sick feeling when I think about the To Do list, but I'm now worried my next blog may be from prison.  I can already see the fat face of the female screw and hear the menace in her jangling keys.
 
I noticed something about a Consent to Let document among the junk mail from my mortgage company. Large, rusty cogs turned in my head (the ones that got me a degree from university: the rust is from breastmilk) and I had a conversation that went like this:
 
Me: "What's a Consent to Let? Does this mean I need Consent to Let my property?"
Woman: (crisply, like a headteacher to a naughty child) "Yes, or you're breaking the law. It's dependent on conditions and we don't always give it. It costs £75."  I then started bleating about moving to Switzerland, already found tenants etc etc but realised this was a stupid thing to say, in fact the whole conversation (at least my side of it) had been extremely stupid.
 
I will need to sell a lot of bric a brac at next Sunday's car boot sale to make 75 quid.  My chances are not great, though my Prince records might make me a tenner.  Other items on sale include:
a sombrero (never buy stuff on holiday)
a flamingo pink furry coat (the raving years)
a briefcase, new and unused (???)
assorted bits of china - including a mug commemorating the engagement of the Prince and Princess of Wales.  On second thoughts, I might hang on the that - it could be Emma's ticket to public school.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger lorbital said...

Hey man I've got a Charles and Di tea box as well - for some reason I've hung on to it. Maybe its because I wrote to Jim'll Fix It and asked if I could attend the Royal Wedding, which takes me back to a warm childhood place - despite the fact he couldn't fix it for me.... still got a nice letter back. Besides I think I would have been bored out of my mind - I remember the folks watching it on telly and I was not able to sit still for more than two minutes!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Tooting bird said...

Yes, I watched the wedding on telly, too. I was 7 at the time and thought Princess Di was just like Fairytale Barbie, so was hooked.

You could probably get a couple of quid for that tea box, you know. (If times are hard and all that.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home