Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Friday, July 09, 2004

I used to be a horse

I didn't really. But maybe a controversial headline will make more people read my blog. I am feeling lonely here in the blogiverse.
To anyone bored enough to be already following the tedious minutiae of my mundane life, apologies for not blogging for a few days. I have been scuttling around after Her Majesty,and have had sudden freakout about almost-imminent departure. Even now I should be doing practical things like ordering cardboard boxes and comparing health insurance packages and writing inventories. The problem is, when faced with all these practical tasks, I get all Can't Be Bothered. Like this:
How about taking some clothes to the charity shop
Can't be bothered
Cancelling the milkman
Can't be bothered
Getting off the sofa for 5 minutes
Can't be bothered
and so it goes on. It's like a disease. No really, IT'S LIKE A DISEASE. There are homeopathic remedies for anxiety, I wonder if there's one for idleness?

Still, I'm sure everything will sort itself out.

I am getting fed up of this 2am and 5am feeding routine, too. Little Em is fine with just guzzling and then going back to sleep, it's just I lie awake for ages thinking all kinds of things, like what would I do if Rob died suddenly or if there were a nuclear holocaust. The dark has always done funny things to my brain.

2 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Don't feel alone. I read you religiously. There. I bet you feel better now, hey??

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Me too me too me too.
Also, funnily enough, I can't be bothered to do, well, anything either. And I'm not even breastfeeding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home