Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Rental happiness

Hurray, hurray and thrice hurray. Our renters - I can call them that now, my head held high - have bitten and are coming on Tuesday to sign contracts and all that. Two very nice women, and a possible third, Serge (bloke, also nice)will be living in our house. Suddenly it's all happening and we're really going. It makes me feel a bit sad and strange sometimes because I really love Tooting Broadway (stop sniggering at the back.) I will miss my friends, the park, the Cheap Booze And Fags sign outside the shop round the corner. Curry in bountiful supply. Riots on a Friday night outside the Gordon Bennett - ok, less so. I understand this might seem churlish compared to fresh air, mountains and exceptional public transport.
There was a bit of stroppiness from the girl tonight, but I've totally forgiven her now she realises going to bed at 7.15pm is acceptable. Last night she slept til 4.40am which made me weak with joy. Wonder if we're in for a repeat performance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home