Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Monday, January 24, 2005

snowed in

It's been snowing heavily on and off since yesterday. There are huge snowdrifts everywhere, making pavements impassable in parts, at least to middle-of-the-range-buggy drivers. It was beautifully soft and crackly under my size 6 hiking boots, normally reserved for rubbly mountain paths. The snow ploughs were out early this morning, creating huge walls of snow along the kerbsides and plenty of ready ammo for snowball fights. By the time I got to my groupe de mamans today, Emma's plastic-covered pram was encased in a 2 inch carpet of snow. It looked like a giant wedding cake. (Of course the best bit was getting inside, putting my gloves on the radiator and wrapping my chilly paws around a steaming mug of coffee.)

I was 8 the last time I got this excited about the weather. I could get used to this.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home