Switzerlady

English housewife and mother in Switzerland. Needs meaningful occupation to prevent life of crime.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Jolly weekend

We have just been to the mountains for a long weekend with my Mum and Dad. I know, I know..please forgive the repetitive 'mountain' theme of late. I still think they're pretty amazing. I love the fact they kind of sneak up on you. You cross the road to get to the supermarket and ..BANG!...up they loom from behind a tenement building, sometimes glowing pink from the sun on their snowy peaks. You don't get that in Tooting Broadway. (Although you do get friends, the Lido and the Urban Coffee house. *Sob!*)

We were quite near Gstaad, so we drove through, hoping to catch a glimpse of Roger Moore or Sofia Loren in a big fur coat and 'Re-entry shield' style sunglasses. No sign of either, unfortunately, but we did get Emma into a cable car and transport her to a height of 3000 metres. She looked ravishing in her pink snow suit.

R and I spent most of the time mucking about on the nursery slope while M& D babysat. My highlight: hurtling down on a sled, scattering the junior ski school with my terrified screaming while my 64 year old Mama sat behind me giggling like a teenager. Respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home